Project Wombat

Monday, February 7, 2011

Project Wombat blog is moving!

I am an only child.  So I have no idea what sibling rivalry, or sibling one-upmanship is like. But I have been told by countless siblings of others that they were CONSTANTLY looking for ANY evidence that parents liked one of them better than the other.  And I've also been told that having a blog named after Wombat when we have more kids than just Wombat is going to give Wombat the nuclear ammunition in "Who do parents love more" fight.

The name of this blog has become woefully inaccurate, as our set of projects has expanded beoynd just Wombats to now Project Wallaby and, in the future, may be even Project Whoopsie. :)  And rather than just renaming this blog, I've decided to move it to Wordpress and to its own domain.   If you're going to move, move like you mean it!

But how to rename the blog?  Project Wombabie?  Project Marsupial?  Project Pouch?!  Something referencing the 'Outback?'  After a few google searches I realized all of those names somewhat, ahem, miss my target audience.  Especially if I reference the outback. Or a pouch.  'Nuf said.  So I decided to go with The Daily Burrow.  No, this does not mean I will now be posting daily.  But the 'daily' in it implies a legitimate publication, and I'm always looking for an air of legitimacy and importance.  I know.  It's not totally accurate, but "A prank-named blog to which I post semi-randomly about whatever I please and gush about my husband and kids" just doesn't have the same ring to it as "The Daily Burrow".

So we have now come to the point of this post: please update your links to the new domain for The Daily Burrow:

www.dailyburrow.com

If you read this blog in an aggregator, then here is your link for the feed: http://www.dailyburrow.com/?feed=rss2

This will be my last post on Blogger (sniff!).  Please come and visit me in my new burrow.  One of these days I'll even make a new cute theme for it, and then you'll know I've moved in all the way.  Thanks for reading what I write.  Please don't stop.

2 comments:

Pregnancy said...

Pregnancy brings with itself a lot of never-felt-before moments. One of them is to feel your baby kick. But do you know that the baby’s kick means that her mental growth has begun! Watch this video to discover the joy of a baby’s kick.

Kylen said...

Thanks for another great post.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails